Commitment to sobriety in Virginia is a significant step toward recovery from addiction. However, it is not an easy journey, and those battling addiction may require help, guidance, and support. For many people, the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) have proven to be highly effective tools in achieving and maintaining sobriety. What are the 12 steps of NA and AA? With the 12 steps simplified, you or a loved one can start the journey to recovery.
We recognize that addiction is a complex condition that requires an individualized approach. That’s why we provide our clients with a safe and supportive environment where they can heal physically and mentally. At Insight Recovery Centers, we aim to help our clients achieve long-term recovery and lead a healthy, fulfilling life.
Contact us today at 703.592.6946 to schedule a consultation and discover how our comprehensive 12-step integration process can help you on your journey to sobriety.
What Are the 12 Steps of NA and AA?
The 12 steps of NA and AA are a set of guiding principles that help individuals overcome addiction. These steps are based on spiritual principles and are used in conjunction with the support provided by the NA and AA communities. The 12 steps are as follows:
- We admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We believed that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- We decided to turn our will and lives over to God’s care as we understood him.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admitted to God, ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- We made a list of all the persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when doing so would injure them or others.
- We continued to take a personal inventory and, when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Through prayer and meditation, we sought to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening due to these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
12 Steps Simplified
In simpler terms, the 12 steps can be broken down into three key stages:
For individuals to overcome addiction, they must admit that they are powerless over their addiction and that their lives have become unmanageable. They must also seek help and support from a higher power and others.
Individuals must thoroughly examine themselves and their actions, admitting their faults and seeking to improve themselves spiritually.
Individuals must continue to practice the principles of the 12 steps and help other addicts on the path to recovery.
Call Insight Recovery Centers Today and Make a Commitment to Sobriety
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, we encourage you to reach out to Insight Recovery Centers today. Our team of addiction specialists is here to help guide you on the path to recovery and support you every step of the way. With our programs and services, you can take the first step toward a healthier, happier future.
At Insight Recovery Centers, we offer the support and guidance needed to help individuals on their journey to sobriety. Contact us today at 703.592.6946 or online to learn more about our comprehensive addiction recovery program and take the first step toward a brighter future.