Therapy is an important step in the recovery process. It provides you with the tools to successfully recover and sober life afterward. If you have had some addiction for a while or used drugs frequently, you may need extra assistance.
An intensive outpatient program for addiction allows you to work on your recovery in different therapy groups while still being able to live at home. It is a great way to get the support you need from professionals and peers. If you or someone you know are suffering from drug addiction, contact Insight Recovery Centers at 703.592.6946.
What Is IOP?
An intensive outpatient program, or IOP, is a program for people suffering from an ailment that hinders their mental and physical health. This program is typically used by people struggling with:
- Mental health issues
- Eating disorders
It is a program for people who do not need supervision 24/7 but feel that they have difficulties doing daily tasks. If you feel that you and the people around you are not in immediate danger, you can join an intensive outpatient program that allows you to live at home and provide for yourself. A fundamental benefit of an IOP is that it is a program that allows flexibility while providing the necessary support to continue healing.
Benefits of IOP
An intensive outpatient program has many advantages that will lead to a sober and healthy life. For people struggling with addiction or who are in the beginning stages of recovery, the benefits of IOP could help you with your needs:
- Gain a Support System: Because IOP is a group setting, you will be surrounded by people in similar situations and who also have similar goals. You will be able to work together to develop techniques and work on different skills in a non-judgemental environment.
- You Get to Live at Home: A benefit of IOP that many people appreciate is getting intensive care while still being able to live your life somewhat normally. Getting to go home at the end of the day can be enticing for those nervous or uncomfortable with an inpatient program or for those who can take care of themselves and be safe on their own.
- Learn Useful Skills: Each session during an intensive outpatient program goes over different struggles you may have and gives you the skills to handle difficult situations. Because IOP sessions last longer than individual sessions, you will be able to take the time to dive deep into problems you need help with.
- Provides Structure: Another benefit of an intensive outpatient program is committing to a specific schedule and routine. This provides a structure that can help you create healthy and productive habits.
- Receive Helpful Resources: Besides getting help from the sessions provided in IOP, you will also be given other resources to help you after your program has ended. These can be worksheets, planners, and maybe even online tools.
All of these benefits can help individuals struggling with a substance use disorder or mental health concern heal in their own time and at their own pace.
Learn More About IOP at Insight Recovery Centers
At Insight Recovery Centers, our goal is to help you through your recovery and make sure that you have the tools to succeed in life after treatment. Our intensive outpatient program is a great option if you or a loved one are struggling with addiction and need treatment.
You will learn coping skills at our facility, gain a support system, and receive care and compassion from our team. If you are struggling with addiction and want to learn more about our program, contact us at 703.592.6946.